Aussie tennis star Nick Kyrgios had an assault charge dismissed by a magistrate in Canberra on Friday after he pleaded guilty to pushing over his ex-girlfriend in 2021.
Kyrgios originally tried to have the charge thrown out on mental health grounds, but that was rejected.
Magistrate Beth Campbell then threw out the charge, saying the seriousness of the matter was “low-level” and that Kyrgios was not a risk of reoffending.
Kyrgios had been charged over an incident on January 10, 2021 where he pushed over his ex-girlfriend Chiara Passari after an argument outside her apartment in Canberra.
The court was told Ms Passari was standing in the door of an Uber stopping Kyrgios from leaving when he pushed her over.
Kyrgios told Ms Passari to “leave me the f* alone” and to “just f*ing piss off” while she asked him to get out of the car and to calm down.
Ms Passari didn’t report the incident until 10 months later.